I think the blurred line between hunting and target shooting on the Campfire is what lends so many of these subjects to debate these days. There's been so much injection of tactical equipment and long range shooting that the line between the guy with a Tactical scope with a funky reticle and a rifle chambered in a caliber known to promote high BC bullets and the desire to shoot groups out to 1000 yards and a guy with a 30 caliber rifle wearing a backpack in search of deer and elk with an effective range of 400 yards or less is often misunderstood. The Partition has proven itself over many decades to be the benchmark many bullets try to outperform. Between monometals, hollow point and plastic tipped matchgrade bullets the desire to have a Bullet that flys straight, expands well and stays together has left us with many choices. The number of posts that tell a story of Partitions not performing as advertised are very few. I cant for the life of me see where someone wouldn't be okay with a partition IF it shoots well in said rifle. I'll admit to having killed some chit with a Partition but there's been many cases where other bullets that I had confidence in shot more accurately up close and far away and those were the times I opted for a different bullet. But if the Partition shot well consistently close and far I'd be happy to kill with it.

I recently acquired a 300 WSM that my handloads produced these groups with a 180 Partition at 2980 fps. This is one of the few rifles I've owned that shot Partitions this well and I see no reason not to roll with them!

[Linked Image]