Nosler's Partition has 70 years of killing to recommend it. In my experience, mainly with deer and elk, Partitions lose most of their nose (to 40 percent of their weight) after mid- to high-velocity impact, even with rib shots into game of modest size. If lethality were measured only by retained weight, the Partition would rank well below the newer and similar but bonded A-Frame, the Trophy Bonded and the lead-free game bullets (GMX, TSX). But having examined many animals killed with Partitions, I've found substantial damage caused by that ruptured nose. Given proper shot placement, it's in the vitals. The heel carries on, to exit or, if bone or thick, elastic hide interferes, to lodge just under the off-side skin. The heel doesn't create much of a wound channel. But it can deliver the exit wound some hunters like, and in many cases splinters bone beyond the vitals. My best groups seldom come from the Partition -- or the A-Frame or Trophy Bonded -- but I'm confident with all of them in game that shreds standard softpoints before they drive deep enough to kill. Current Partitions, by the way, are more accurate than the originals with a "frosted" look to the jackets. Early manufacturing on screw machines, I'm told by Nosler people, couldn't ensure the concentricity of later jackets..... WvZ