Originally Posted by CRS
My experience with partitions is limited mostly to the rifle range as I have almost always (one instance) had much better accuracy with other bullets.

Before I went to Africa I compared 180gr NP, GMX, TTSX, plus a 200gr NP. The NP's could not group with the monometals.

I know this thread is about NA animals, but I have had the same results with the 130/150/160gr out my 270's. Just not as accurate as I would like.

The exception was a 210gr NP out of a 338-06. It shot just as well as the 200gr Interlocks and to the exact same point of aim. I could mix the two loads and get sub 1 inch groups.

I prefer not to use NP's because of the accuracy issue I have encountered. Not horrible accuracy, just not as good as other bullets.

But I do not doubt their effectiveness having using the 210gr NP on a couple of elk and a few deer.

With a few exceptions, my experience with NPt's is they don't group as small as other--accurate-- bullets. An example is NBT's may group 3 shots at 3/4", Npt's from the same rifle may do 1". But once I reach a threshold of accuracy, bullet construction becomes more important.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.