given the likelihood of you dieing from a bite if your that far out in the bush someone prolly thought what the hell why not.....if you take a full bite from a mamba and you arent near a hospital the chances of you surviving are prolly pretty close to you winning the lottery....the issue is snakes can vary how much they give yah from none at all to completely emptying their venom glands into you which is enough to kill you many times over, its an active choice they make....you can get bit by a mamba, be envenomated but they didnt give yah a lethal dose, your still gonna be in bad shape for a bit....they can also give yah enough to where you would survive in a hospital without antivenin but not out in the bush cause they can put yah on a respirator and keep yah breathing till the venom gets broken down by your body.....there are a whole lot of "ifs" out there for me to believe in the shock therapy....but i get bit by a mamba 2 hours from the nearest hospital or antivenin, your going to be wiring my arse to that vehicle and shocking the hell out of me grin

Last edited by rattler; 01/04/10.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books