Originally Posted by hatari
Studies have proven conclusively that an electrical shock does not break down the venom.

Any chance you could direct us to where we could find the studies and results?

There's been talk of such studies for many years but I've never even seen a single paper or scientific report stating any findings either way, and would be very interested to read any you could direct me to.

As I understand the theory, it should work and I remember reading claims from one or two PHs that it did work (seem to remember Wally Johnson of Mozambique fame claimed to have used the Landrover trick a time or two) but of course, those are just claims rather than scientific research with conclusive scientific results.

It'd be nice to see proper conclusions one way or the other for the obvious reason.

ADDED

Having just spent a bit of time researching this on Google, it seems there are no end of arguments and examples either way but very little if any proper scientific studies.

I did however notice that there seemed to be more claims of successful treatment with the HT lead of a truck than there with with using a stun gun...... might possibly be something to do with voltage/current in relation to effeciency of treatment...... but I'd still be very interested in the results of any proper studies that might have been conducted if anyone knows of any.

Last edited by Shakari; 01/05/10.

Have you swept the visioned valley with the green stream streaking though it?
Searched the vastness for a something you have lost?
Have you strung your soul to silence? Then for God's sake go and do it
Hear the challenge, learn the lesson, pay the cost