Hi Shakiri

I assumed that few here have access to a research library, so I posted the only publicly-available pdf reprint I could find with a quick search.

Bon't bother with a normal Google search -- you will find mostly bullshit anecdotal reports and few, if any, proper studies. The www is full of crap that is not supported scientifically.

If you use a proper scholarly search engine like Web of Knowledge you will find many. If you use Google Scholar you will find at least some creditable articles. Unfortunately many of the articles you find will not be available to you (unless you are going through a university library with electronic subscriptions to these journals -- as I do as a university prof).

So, be prepared for some frustration unless you can access these articles through a research library! Here they are:

Title: ELECTRIC SHOCKS ARE INEFFECTIVE IN TREATMENT OF LETHAL EFFECTS OF RATTLESNAKE ENVENOMATION IN MICE
Author(s): JOHNSON EK, KARDONG KV, MACKESSY SP
Source: TOXICON Volume: 25 Issue: 12 Pages: 1347-1349 Published: 1987

Title: STUN-GUNS AND SNAKEBITES
Author(s): MCPARTLAND JM, FOSTER R
Source: LANCET Volume: 2 Issue: 8620 Pages: 1141-1141 Published: NOV 12 1988

Welch EB, Gales BJ Use of stun guns for venomous bites and stings: a review WILDERNESS & ENVIRONMENTAL MEDICINE 12 2 111-117 SUM 2001

Holstege CP, Miller MB, Wermuth M, et al. Crotalid snake envenomation CRITICAL CARE CLINICS 13 4 889-& OCT 1997

Title: ELECTROTHERAPY FOR SNAKEBITE
Author(s): BLAYLOCK RS
Source: SOUTH AFRICAN MEDICAL JOURNAL Volume: 84 Issue: 12 Pages: 875-875 Published: DEC 1994

Title: ELECTRIC-SHOCK TREATMENT FOR SNAKE BITE
Author(s): SNYDER CC, MURDOCK RT, WHITE GL, et al.
Source: LANCET Volume: 1 Issue: 8645 Pages: 1022-1022 Published: MAY 6 1989

Title: ELECTRIC SHOCKS ARE INEFFECTIVE IN TREATMENT OF LETHAL EFFECTS OF RATTLESNAKE ENVENOMATION IN MICE
Author(s): JOHNSON EK, KARDONG KV, MACKESSY SP
Source: TOXICON Volume: 25 Issue: 12 Pages: 1347-1349 Published: 1987

Here is the best one: a review, and I have included the Abstract:

Title: Use of stun guns for venomous bites and stings: a review
Author(s): Welch EB, Gales BJSource: WILDERNESS & ENVIRONMENTAL MEDICINE Volume: 12 Issue: 2 Pages: 111-117 Published: SUM 2001
Abstract: During the past 2 decades, articles suggesting that stun guns be utilized to treat venomous bites and stings have appeared in both the lay and medical press. Although never widely considered to be standard therapy for venomous bites and stings, stun guns are still considered to be a treatment option by some medical practitioners and outdoor enthusiasts. A Medline search was performed using these terms: venomous bites, venomous stings, snake bites, spider bites, electrical, stun gun, high voltage electricity, low amperage electricity, direct current, and shock therapy. Articles selected included laboratory-based isolated venom studies, animal studies, and case reports involving humans in which a stun gun or some other source of high voltage, low amperage direct current electric shocks were used to treat actual or simulated venomous bites or stings. We concluded that the use of stun guns or other sources of high voltage, low amperage direct current electric shocks to treat venomous bites and stings is not supported by the literature.

John

Last edited by jpb; 01/05/10. Reason: removed hastily-written final comment