The question that springs to my mind is: WHY THE HE!! AM I READING THIS POST??!!!. Poisonious snakes make my skin crawl - I even get freaked out by our mini dachshund sometimes.

We had an old boy who lived on the edge of a small town just down the road. He was an "expert" herpetologist and an arachnoid affectionado. He lived in a trailer and kept hundreds of different venomous snakes and just about every kind of spider imaginable. He got bit by both on a regular basis - whereupon - he promptly called 911 and the EMT's had to rescue the kook. After the first few times they wouldn't pick him up at his home anymore. They made him walk up to the C-store on the highway and picked him up there. A friend of mine in the pharmacist at the local hospital. According to him, our little, local hospital had one of the largest and broadest pharmacopeias of antivenom in the country because of this guy.

The guy disappeared for a few days and one of his drinking buddies got brave enough to go look in the trailer. Sure enough the deadly pet lover was dead on the floor. Seems some venoms have a cumulative effect. They think that one of his cobras was the culprit.

The volunteer fire department used the trailer for a "training exercise" a short time later and burned it to the ground.

I am out of here!!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie