FWIW, there was an in depth article in Outdoor Life a number of years ago about this. It has been ten or twelve years ago, and I am doing this from memory, so bear with me.

IIRC, the technique was developed by some missionaries in the Amazon. They would use the spark plug lead from the old single cylinder outboard motors and vehicles that were equipped with points, coils and condensers. These engines developed about 40,000 volts, and this seemed to disrupt the venom in some way. The article advised against using the newer capacator discharge equipped engines that often put out 100,000 volts, as this level of voltage could cause additional trauma, and they said cardiac arrest was a possibility.

There was quite a lengthy medical discussion as to the whys and wherefores as to the effectiveness of using shock for snakebite for a couple of consecutive issues in Outdoor Life. A couple of veternarians weighed in and said that they had used it with success on dogs. The human medical community was reluctant to endorse it because it was at variance with accepted medical practice as regards to treatment for snakebite.

Be that as it may, some company began to manufacture a mini-taser like device to apply shock to snakebite, and it got some traction in the marketplace, although I haven't heard about the device in a number of years.

A friend of mine in Arkansas had a good hound that was bitten on the jaw by a water moccasin during this time frame. Being of a rural mind set, he decided to hook the dog up to the spark plug wire of his lawn mower in lieu of taking the dog to the vet. The dog was fully recovered in three days.

Based on the performance of my friend's dog in the matter, I will say that if I am out and get nailed by a serious snake, I definitely want to raise the hood on the vehicle and take a jolt of electricity on the bite, even if it is a CDI ignition--provided there is no anti-venin available. At that point you have nothing to lose.