Originally Posted by ChipM
Jayco,

I go back posting with you to the old MarlinTalk. I have no dog in this fight but IMHO, Ray did seem to exaggerate a bit. He had some great lines and I used one for awhile, paraphrasing but the one that an animal is like a can of Coors was priceless.

Ray had many opportunities to defend himself and prove the naysayers wrong but never did. I don't know why but my guess is that he couldn't back it up.

I did enjoy his posts and would have loved to see the hunts, animals and firearms he spoke of but again, he never did.

I know a few guys like him that talk a good line and have some real world experience but like to embellish a bit and talk louder than others, because of a couple I have a disdain for the 270 Winchester that I have to get over. crazy

The last thing is I enjoy posts by Phil Shoemaker, Steve Timm, JB, Dober, Big Stick(needs a better way to deliver his message), etc as they talk well and back up what they say in words, photos, etc. No hit, but Ray is not even on the same playing field, again IMHO

Chip

I wasn't going to reply to anymore post until I read yours.I do remember you and your a fair guy with a level head and I take what you post with interest and the belief you believe it.

I was born in Idaho to a family of packers and names come down year after year you remember.At one time Ray was well thought of here in Idaho as a person.Maybe it all changed or he is as bad as me at putting words to the keyboard.

I was not trying to start a riot,just asking why...I doubt there are any that can tell me Jack's favorite packer in Idaho.I new the man and loved to hell the stories of Jack and others as stories go..Sadly he passed away last summer and will be missed along with his stories..

The guy that was with me on my first Elk just got his 18th in a row at 85 years old...A man to listen too and learn..Seems most here already know it all so I am pizzin in the wind but never forget,I still have a lot to learn and listen to those with more than I have..

The rest is easy to figure out if you have any experience at all.

Jayco