A little off topic....

My FIL got a really nice deer around Alpine Wy, and was quite proud of it, proud enough to have a wallet size print he carries everywhere he goes....

So he was at the Sacramento sportsman show 10 or so years ago, and was thumbing through a guide's book, and guess what picture he happened to find? Being busy, the guy behind the counter broke stride of a conversation with a potential client to answer the question " are all of these pictures of hunts you personally guided" and of course the reply was Yep.

So my FIL says "all be darned, I didn't know you were guiding me when I killed this buck" and as the guide turns he see's the photo my FIL tossed on the counter, then looked up and realized the guy in the photo book holding said muley was my FIL.....

So being who he is, my FIL rips the picture of him and his buck out of the guide's book and walks away. He found out his cousin gave the guide the picture .... so be wary of guides who wish to trump up their ego's, and strictly use guides who give several references of non-slick talkers who are friends or paid to talk a good talk....

I have seen talk of Ray's trumped up kills, but never cared as I have no inkling of using a guide ( in the US) at this time in my life.

Allen