Originally Posted by logcutter
Theirs alot of experienced Elk hunters on this forum and I have not seen "ONE" chime in on this post...Just the little guys..

Phil Shoemaker even came to Ray's defense on deaf ears saying he really does have the knowledge and experience,yet the yuppies keep chiming in.

Have one of the 100 big time Elk hunters here chime in saying ray is full of it.......They know better as I do....

His experience will be missed by those with way more experience than those against him,hunting Elk in Idaho and Montana..

Jayco

Wow

I have a headache trying to understand that.....

Who is against Ray? I see people who said he made some very unbeleivable statements, unfortunately promoted a possible illegal hunt in Africa, and read his replies on the other website, and his replies did not leave me with the impression this guy admits any fault, even when backed against a corner with apparent proof. That skillset is not enviable, even though you seem to dismiss it.

So may I suggest you actually go see your idol, since I believe you said earlier he doesn't live that far from you. I think you did say you never met the man.

I suspect he would love to talk to you mano y mano, being his best ally here.

You are really hung up on " people with a name" and "old hunters" and trying to prove Ray is "somebody to respect". I judge a man by his words, and fail to ask his age unless his replies obviously are not correct or sensible.

I am sorry you lost your only information person for Elk hunting. I suspect, though, if you open your mind you will, as I said before, be amazed at the wealth of knowledge here... and I am not part of that skillset.

Good luck

Allen