Originally Posted by Esox357
9mm tends to make the 380 obsolete? Better performance with the same bullet and less expensive ammo. 9mm can be found in guns almost similar in size of the 380 now. Can't see getting/owning a 380 unless I already had one.

Kind of what I was thinking with my post. Why carry this when there are a plethora of 9mm's the same size?

I have a Kel Tec P3AT 380, and it runs perfect, but I only carry it when I have to have true pocket carry and cannot figure out a way to carry my 1911, and thses times are getting more rare as I add holsters to my 1911 holster collection and continue to modify my wardrobe.

RE the .380 round, when I carry it, it is stuffed with Buffalo Bore +P+ ammo. 4 rounds of 100gr FNHC that chronograph 1150 from my gun and 3 95gr HP's that chronograph a full 1225 from my tiny pistol. That is all she holds, and they are alternating in my gun/magazine. IMO, that stuff brings the 380 to a whole different level of effectiveness or 'nastiness'. Water jug testing and the NRA's testing bear this out. The Buffalo Bore FNHC'sd 100's blew through their (NRA's) entire gelatin blocks even after penetrating various things in front of it like denim etc. They smack my index finger first knuckle pretty badly in recoil, but for what this gun is for, I don't care about that in the least.

Yeah the Glock die hards might buy a few of these, but I cannot see someone comparing this pistol to others out there with an open mind and picking it over many better options in this size class. Meaning, plenty of really good 9mm's that are the same size, essentially, and that work just fine. And lots of good, reliable 380's that are truly pocket sized.

Last edited by safariman; 01/05/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500