I had a chance to shoot the G42 last night. I went to the range with my wife and her friend (who is shopping for carry gun).

It felt nice in my hands and recoil was what you'd expect from a .380 or even slightly less. Accuracy was fine. In fact, the ladies shot it as well or better than anything else.

It did fail to function function a couple times. I can't recall one when I was shooting, but my wife's friend got several. She might have been limp-wristing, though.

The glaring issue (for me) was it's size. I kept thinking what a nice 9mm it'd make. Much like Safariman posted back at the start of this thread, the gun is pretty big for a BUG. Stacked on top of each other, there is no real difference between the G42 and a Kahr PM9.

I don't see the gun having any place with men who want a pocket gun. Again, my Kahr slips into a Galco pocket protector and takes up no more space than a G42. I think the PM9 is on the verge of being too heavy to fill the role of a pocket pistol. Since the G42 frame has absolutely no size advantage, there's no real point to it--especially when you have to go down to the .380 cartridge.

However, I stand by my original prediction that Glock will sell a ton of them. Glockaholics will gobble them up, and gun store salesmen will push them on women.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.