I agree that this gun doesn't really offer anything new and, on paper, shouldn't be a hot seller. However, I disagree with the notion that it will be a "flop." I think the gun will be as successful as any other micro .380, for the following reasons:

1. It's a Glock. Glock is the gold standard to some people. They will never say or listen to anything bad about Glock. Granted, Glock has earned much of its reputation, and when you put a Glock gun and a Glock fan in the same room, you'll only hear good things said. At a gun counter, right or wrong, that sells guns.

2. Glock Marketing. Glock could produce a spud gun and successfully market it as an excellent choice for home defense. Glock knows how to market.

3. Gun salesmen will sell them to women. Sales guys who have never owned or even shot a .380 will convince women that the .380 is a significant step down in recoil from a 9mm. "If you're scared to death of a 9mm, a .380 is the answer! You will shoot it accurately, and it's a cupcake!" The sub-compact .380 market proves that everyday. And I'm not being critical of the .380's abilities as a useful cartridge, I'm just saying that the reasons that people use to justify buying .380 are often flawed. Any woman (or man) who struggles to shoot a 9mm due to recoil, won't do better with a .380; and, anyone who shoots a .380 well, can easily step up to a 9mm.

4. Price. Most buyers will be influenced by price. That's where Glock marketing will come back into play. Glock could likely sell these for $350 MSRP and make money. However, like the rest of us, they want to sell their product for as much as the market will bear. If $500+ isn't selling enough guns for them, they'll come down until they find their price point.

Anyway, that's my two cents. For as long as America wants to buy .380's, I think Glock will continue to successfully sell them.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.