E, I really don't care what you believe but I don't want your views to influence people reading this that don't know better. Your drivel that totes the govt. Food pyramid is utter bullshit. The govt. First of all doesn't want anyone healthy and second of all wants you eating grain because they fund it. Take 100 people in their thirties or older. Have a group that eats Paleoish/Zoneish and another who eats from the "pyramid." Look at their blood work (and I don't mean the bull [bleep] from the docs of in range but optimum figures), look at what their bodies look like and asses their work out put abilities over a few tasks. Then come back and tell me who is healthier, fitter and able to do more work. I can take an obese person who is diabetic or prediabetic and make them fit with good labs in a short amount of time if they eat the way many of us are stating. Add to that a work out regimine of lifting heavy [bleep], sprinting, jumping, body weight tasks, some distance work and rucking and you will have a healthy, fit individual who can perform a variety of tasks and recover quickly.

As for crossfit workouts, as was stated above, not all the boxes are equal. Some are good some not so good. I'm 46 and follow crossfit football programming. I veg stronger, feel good and am not overtraining. I do listen to my body though and work around how I may feel and a past shoulder injury.

Last edited by JimD.; 08/10/14.