+1

My best buddy is a medical doctor. My personal doctor is a friend of his. My gastro doc knows the other two well. As an added bonus, they all hunt out west and know what it takes to hunt well at altitude.

It won't come as much of a shock but I discussed my blood chemistry, workouts, and goals with all three at different times over a month period when I was figuring this out. Suffice to say all three more or less agree with what Battue wrote.

Keeping carbs to ~ 100-125 grams total per day, I've lost 15 lbs, only take my Prilosec once per day (versus twice for the past 5 years), and have retained most of my strength and increased my cardio workouts. I'll post my blood chemistry when I get it taken again. In the mean time, my heartrate is 56-58 beats per minute, BP is low 100's over low seventy's. There is something to eating low carb.

As an aside, my gastro guy put it very succinct - forget everything you think you know about eating. Throw out the food pyramid, and eat low carb, increase ratio of fats and protein. Lift heavy things and hike/jog/walk alot.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.