Originally Posted by 458Win

Oh, and as much as I appreciated the light weight of the little 9mm, it's larger magazine capacity and ability to rapidly make multiple hits, I am not yet ready to give up either my S&W M-65 357 or my S&W 44 Mtn Gun ! And the jury is still out on whether a pistol like my son's Hamilton Bowen 475 Linebaugh would have been an asset or a detriment as complete pass throughs could have endangered others. Plus I was able to achieve 3 hits with the 9mm, each eliciting a response from the bear, by the time it would have taken me to recover and shoot a second shot from the SA Linebaugh.

Wow! I only come here about once an week and was checking this specific topic since I was thinking of ordering a box or two of the Buffalo Bore for the upcoming season. The timing and your response in this situation is incredible. I hope the couple you were guiding left a good tip!!!!

It is ironic that you alluded to the multiple hits vs possible 1 hit (or miss!) with a larger weapon. The last time I fired my 44 magnum, I wondered if I would be able to get off more than one shot under duress due to the recoil and how quickly an animal/attacker could be on me.

Thank you for sharing this experience. I am ordering a couple boxes pronto!

The truth angers those whom it does not convince