Didn't actually own a car until I was 40, ate, slept, commuted and had sex on or around motorcycles for twelve years and 250,000 miles prior to that time.

Wouldn't dream of pushing anyone out of my way (as opposed for waiting for a chance to pass) and I got nothing at all against Harleys either.

Its when vast rafts of Harley riders as I described, often in stern-faced organized groups complete with such things as "Road Captains" and matching vests, enforce a sort of de-facto sedate speed limit on our best motorcycle roads that I can get irritated

In particular the effect on our Texas Hill Country backroads over the 30 plus years I've been here have been simply unreal. Its been seven years now since I last rode cross-country on a motorcycle (I do bicycles now grin), but everywhere I went (including the Tail of the Dragon and Marcus Dairy), same story.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744