Originally Posted by northern_dave
I'm running mobil 1 V twin and my EVO runs pretty quiet at temp with it. but everybody that I know that has ran both amsoil and mobil v twin say they like Amsoil better. One guy told me he liked royal purple too.

For two seasons our pro-stock bike was sponsored by Royal Purple. I ran it in two test sessions and wasn't happy but ran it anyway. First race it was puffing bad in the finial and losing power. Got it back to the shop and did a tear down. The piston skirts were galled up, titanium valve stems galled. The motor looked like it made a pass or two with no oil pressure. The data logger showed 60 psi all the way down the track on all runs. A 160 ci pro-stock motor couldn't make 8 passes (2 miles) with that crap in it. I went back to buying our own oil (Red Line) and using it. We took their free oil (and sold it in the pits to competitors) and cashed the travel and contingency checks but I never put that stuff in my race motor again. The only time we ever had a oiling problem again was when the oil pump drive gear broke during the burn out. Backing up the bike I could see the guage needle pegged at zero. Staged the bike and made the pass with no oil pressure. Tore the motor down at the shop and the pistons, valves and guided looked better than the ones from the Royal Purple motor that ran with full pressure.
I have taken apart TC-88 motors that had RP ran through it for a few years. They were the dirtiest engines I have seen. Black/purple goo everywhere. I'll take just a good conventional oil over it any day.

Moble 1 is good oil. My problem with it is they will not sell to me unless I buy a truck load at a time and the general availability of it. The V-Twin oil can be hard to find. I advise my customers to use a good oil that they can get readily. If it to much of a hassle to find the oil people will push the limits and not change it enough. Amsoil is available at most auto parts store and most all aftermarket shops. Heck, call your local dealer and he will drop a case off at your house.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]