Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

In particular the effect on our Texas Hill Country backroads over the 30 plus years I've been here have been simply unreal. Its been seven years now since I last rode cross-country on a motorcycle (I do bicycles now grin), but everywhere I went (including the Tail of the Dragon and Marcus Dairy), same story.

Birdwatcher

Well,....there's a reason for that on the dragon.

Here's another one of those outside of Austin, this time a twofer.....

The guys filming the video reminded me very much of myself in my riding days, moving fast and well-spaced, and then coming up on a couple of slow moving Harleys, 'cept in this case the Harleys may have wrecked on account of pulling over to let the others pass.

I gotta say though for every Harley wreck there's gotta be a hundred sportbikes lost it on the outside of turns, or worse, drifted into the opposite lane while leaned hard over eek

I ain't happy to see any motorcycle go wheels-up, these folks seemed inept, maybe they were on rented Harleys.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744