Harley is fine where they are and with what they sell.
I might keep a streeted KR 750 or a Buell if someone gave it to me, but otherwise I have no interest.

As for Birdwatcher's comment about the Harley convoys, he nailed it. There's a series of roads to Mount Evans on the Colorado Front range. Most is pretty boring but there's a couple sections that are super fun, knee-dragging stuff, I would ride the boring stuff to get to the good stuff and then make multiple passes.

Anyway, one day I get to the Mt Evans junction and there's this convoy of Hogs turning out toward the good parts about 3 miles of boredom away. So I jump in, blow to the front of the line, ride fast to a nice sweeping uphill curve, jump off and go up the embankment, my "reviewing stand" for what I hoped would be a fine parade. Wow, was it worth it.

Starts quiet, then the rumble, then it's LOUD then the rumble and quiet again. Probably 400 Hogs, with 10 mufflers total. While I don't like riding them, there's almost no sound more wonderful than Harleys echoing in the mountains. Maybe the old Springfield Mile would be better, but not by much.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.