H-D enjoyed a huge upswing in sales because the Boomers finally retired, and had the money and time to go play. It'll happen again with the next generation

I got into re-enacting rather late in life, sorta like the Harley-boom demographic.

I call my generation the Jeremiah Johnson demographic. We are the people who saw that movie and were blown away by it, it spawned a whole movement. Well, we are passing, 'round here at least participation is dwindling year by year and most all of those still turning out are well gone towards geriatric.

Motorcycles? We are also the Easy Rider generation of course. I guess one had to be there to witness how significant that movie was in popular culture. Like lots of youths my brothers and I had the Peter Fonda Captain America poster on the wall. Outlaw Bikers were our heroes (prob'ly because we didn't know any, one of us DID go that route, it weren't pretty) How many times over the decades since has one heard "Born to be Wild" at most any Harley event?

I dunno what the epochal cultural icons are for the Millenials. Hard to think of any.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744