Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by FreeMe
I see lots of millennials riding bikes. Bikes that don't cost $24k and don't leave them stranded or need to be trailered. Yeah, trailered. Can't count the times I've watched Harleys headed to Sturgis or headed south in a trailer.

Dual Sport does seem to be the current "thing" with young riders. The crotch rockets are still popular. Young people don't generally have the time to cruise on a Goldwing, but they still ride. Harley likes to make people think they have a sporty model, but no....

I can't fault someone for wanting something that works and costs less at the same time.

I don't think you know much about the newer Harleys.......................except maybe the price.

MM

You're right. I don't know much about the new ones. I lost interest in even looking at them years ago. I keep hearing that they've improved reliability, but the few I know who have recent models seem to all have failure stories. OTOH, There are literally tons of old Hondas on the road with 100K+ trouble free miles - and they just about all outhandle any Harley you can put them next to.

Harley sells an image. Most young riders....most riders in general....are more interested in the ride than the sound or the look. It ain't just millennials not buying Harleys.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.