If so, please don't hog up the second hand steel frame Trek and Lemonds, or barn find Waterfords. That's my thing. BTW-if you're not already in the national bike challenge, give it a try. It's pretty fun.

Looked at the national bike challenge website, ya gotta create an account and log in for a 30-day free trial? WTF?

I'm afraid I ain't one of the spandex and helmet crowd, tho I ride often enough, mostly while I still can to push back the day when I can't.

If I were looking for custom frames I do have a thing for Bob Jacksons out of Leeds, UK, and I regret not stopping in when I was cycling over there last summer.

Most recently I'm a tad giddy about a late '80's Specialized Rock Hopper I picked up for not much at all in a pawn shop last week, hardly ridden at all since it rolled out of the store 30 years ago and still all original. Rigid mountain bikes of that era are valued for their quality steel frames of course, already it wears a luggage rack and a good set of 36 spoke wheels I had on hand, waiting on a Chris King headset and bottom bracket. Its gonna be my go-to urban commuter, people set 'em up as "adventure tourers" too.

I am happy to see Greg Lemond is apparently back in the business, having been run out of his Trek contract way back when by that lying prick Greg Armstrong.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744