Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I gotta make time to drive the Dragon Tail some day. I can't fathom that it turns much more nor worse than some of the back roads and hollers around here...

I found it considerably over-rated, and the Cop car parked half way down didn't help it neither. What was interesting were the bikes parked at the Tail of the Dragon store, and the fact that the store has a pump out front with ethanol-free gas cool

What was hairy coming in was the Tullahoma (???) Skyway, a long series of decreasing-radius turns eek 'Course, ride the Skyway in the other direction and its prob'ly awesome grin

Cherohala Skyway. Connects the Cherokee and Nantahala national forests. It's very different from the Dragon for sure. It's a much higher speed road. Highway 28 from Lauada NC to Stiles is just silly fun. Smooter transitions than the Dragon, slower than the Cherohala. Right in the same area. The last time I rode the Dragon, I did it on a 650 CC scooter (Burgman) I had a blast carving through the hordes of Harleys.

[img]https://scontent-dft4-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...a61f65113def9a2aff52c3ff&oe=59EE0BA6[/img]