Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by MojoHand

Interesting sidebar, though: My cousin works for Harley and has been traveling overseas recently to places like Vietnam Nam, India, Thailand, etc. where they are loosening restrictions on bike size. Will be interesting to see if the Harley 'brand' can crossover there or if they'll try to come up with something new (Harley ain't known for innovation and they'd be competing against established brands and the Japanese in their own backyard).

After many years with them and based on past behavior I'm going to say that they will fail to extract the full potential of that market but will instead fall back to a hugely downsized image of past glory by running a much smaller but profitable company

Makes me wonder, though, how they'll be able to pull that off. Baby boomers will start dying off soon and, as others have mentioned, those younger people who do want Harley's are buying secondhand and saving mucho moolah. Isn't Harley unionized, as well? I wonder how that will affect any 'downsizing' plans.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...