Originally Posted by jdollar
Take a .375 with 300gr quality bullets and get over all the angst. I have shot everything from elephant down to red duiker with it and no complaints. You can over think and over analyze anything and this thread proves it....you don't need to hand load or chronograph anything. Factory ammo kills 10 times as much as handloads all over the world. Now let the flaming begin. If your .375 load isn't traveling at 2478fps instead of 2368 fps it won't kill anything. What a joke.

That burr in your saddle must really be bothersome and making you read stuff I didn't write. There is no "angst", there is no issues with attaining a certain velocity or anything else, for the simple reason I'm not going anywhere.
As to hand loaded ammo, is that a factual number or something you pulled out from "somewhere"? I'm not doubting your statistics, just your relevance to the topic at hand and some of us DO enjoy hand loading. Oh and since I did reference bullets in my article, here's a picture of the recovered bullets in question. Whisky works wonders for burrs is saddles BTW.

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”