Originally Posted by DocRocket
Chip... good info on the 260 Accubond. What powder/charge did you use, and what kind of velocity did you get? I'm a great fan of the AB in small to medium calibers, but I've never thought of using them on DG. Maybe Mule Deer can weigh in on that, as he has a lot of Gun Gack background info on bullet manufacture that could be very enlightening.

(Of course, keep in mind that there are several folks here on the 24HCF who will swear on a stack of Bibles that the Accubond is a 100% failure-to-penetrate bullet, every time, alla time.)

Hi DR.

In all honesty, I haven't a clue. They are the Federal Premium factory load. They shot really well on paper and I have yet to see a bullet problem that wasn't of my own doing with them. I use them in my .300 win mag as well for N/A hunting.

I'm likely atypical here. I only load for DR's to make it affordable. The smaller stuff is cheap enough to purchase at retailers. I don't do much recreational shooting, I'm a bicycle racer and devote copious amounts of free time and energy to my training. I will usually start to shoot and practice with the DR's 3-4 months prior to a hunt. I live right on the edge of the desert out in Phoenix and can be shooting in a few minutes. I can go before work and get in a few shots about anytime.

As far as AB failures, I have yet to see one. I would think Central Savanna Buffalo would be a "worst case" test, and they simply exceeded my expectations. Mike Fell also commented as to the performance of the bullets on Buffalo.

Steve