Originally Posted by jorgeI
The above post has so much inane, wrong bullshit why bother pointing it out but preserved for posterity...

Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by dan_oz
Hornady's .303 RN is a 174 gn bullet, not 175..

LOL yes I know, is called a little typo...and by your own admission you still knew exactly which Hornady RN bullet I meant,
it could only be that one, right?

you still have the issue of regulation

and you proved to have trouble with basic straight forward english.
you accused the seperate Mk8 as not being the handloaded Hornady RN i described.
which makes zero sense.

Now, regarding regulation, I know you can regulate .303 SxS to a different weight by playing around with powers,
or the more expensive regulation option of having the barrels heated then test fired etc, with the handload of ones
preference....sorry, I cannot really tell you how the .303 double owner had it done.

Originally Posted by dan_oz
Unless of course you are just making stuff up ...

Not me, but somebody else maybe....I am not a member of AR but have outwardly followed some interesting threads
over the yrs. .303 sxs 175RN Hornady was posted there under something about calibres for eland or other.
The complete .500cal miss <15 yd jumbo report was posted by a long time regular member that frequented the Af. section,
nobody else of the regular circle D-G AR 'Africa' crowd called him out..BS or exaggeration?. I dont know....how do you tell?

iF I told you a guy desperately needed to borrow another spare big cal. rifle to kill his elephant with 13 or so shots total ,
because he only came afield with only 6 or so rounds, while a well know PH just watched the whole protracted fiasco unfold,
would you believe it?....yes or no?.....ive seen footage a few times, will try to find it.

You're right. The bloke is either very drunk, or a complete idiot. Maybe both.