Guy, you're welcome. I put that up for y'all to read because it was an object lesson of inestimable value to me, and if it will help someone else down the road, so much the better. I frankly would not have taken that raking shot if I hadn't been sure the kudu was wounded already. But having seen the effect of it, I am now convinced of the power of the rifle, load, and bullet I used. I shouldn't have said that the .338/225 AB combination wouldn't have been able to duplicate the results, because I haven't tested the .338/225 combo on such a shot. But I am skeptical that anything short of a heavy-for-caliber A-Frame, North Fork, or similarly tough bullet in the .338 would have sufficed.

The beauty of it for me is that I find my 375 H&H far more comfortable to shoot than my .338 Win Mag. This is no doubt due to having spent a lot more time shooting the 375 from hunting positions than I have the .338, so perhaps I need to spend some more time at the range with the Sako before I make a rash decision to sell it off!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars