Originally Posted by jorgeI
One more point of discussion. Craig Boddington, who has over one hundred and twenty (!) safaris under his belt, relates a
story in one of his books where he lost out on what was going to be his biggest kudu. Why? because he had with him a 3006 and the animal
only presented him with a "Texas Heart Shot" (sic). He goes onto say, had he been carrying his 375, the shot would have been a no-brainer..

since you get aroused by Boddington so much...

Rifleshooter Sep 23, 2010
" My daughter Brittany is a bit more sensitive to recoil. She doesn’t like to go beyond her 7mm-08 unless absolutely necessary. Last year, using
a 140-grain Nosler Partition, she took a monstrous eland cleanly with her 7mm-08. Again, shot placement is almost everything, and I fear guys
like me make too much of the perfect caliber and cartridge selection".

Rifleshooter Jan 4, 2011
"...nearly 30 years ago I lost the first leopard I shot. I hit him too high with a .375 H&H, and the next morning we lost the spoor.
Had I hit him properly, of course, we would have recovered him.......back then I thought a bigger hammer was always better.
Today I’m much less sure of that."

Originally Posted by IndyCA35

John Kingsley-Heath, in his book, "Hunting the Dangerous Game of Africa," claims that the .243 is the best cartridge for leopard over bait.
Why? Because the nervous system of cats is very susceptible to shock from high velocity and leopards don't weigh very much.

Well, there's another example. I have that book as well....

Well jorge, go to AR African Hunting forum and tell the regular DG guys and PHs you would hunt leopard. with .243win
because you read it in another one of your books....Im confident I can predict the tone and nature of responses.

ensure you explain them the static (or is it dynamic?) voodoo shock theory.

curious,.... is Col. Craig Boddington of '120+ safaris' fame, onboard with the shock theory you push???

..Regarding cats,there are myriad books out there explaining this
,........I'm more a guy that believes in experience, and not what you read from a book.
....What I'm trying to say is, listen to what has been observed through our own eyes rather than what some book says.

and please clear up for readers your own confusion and double talk..
..do you believe what you read in a myriad of books......Yes or No?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.