To specifically address Jorge's question about LDE. I hunted CAR in 2012 with CAWA (Central African Wildlife Adventures) I faced the same dilemma. I was to hunt the full monte, Bongo, LDE, 2 Central Savanna Buffalo, Roan, Lewel's Hartebeest, YBD, Red Flanked Duiker, Western Bush Duiker, Harnessed BB and Civet. Being CAR was in an envelope of relative "peace" I felt it was as safe as it would ever get, which it was. That said, I didn't want to bring a DR due to the destination and the climates in the Bako's. (I didn't know better)

I only brought one gun, my Sako .375HH. I don't load small calibers so opted for .260 gr Accubonds. The results were amazing. I killed both Buffalo at 20-30 yards. They were two of the very few Buffalo I've killed that never made it out of the immediate area. I've killed them with everythint from my Charles Osborne 450 .400 3-1/4 to my LARM 500NE. The mid sized animals were all one shot, no drama. The LDE was one shot at 225-250 yards, as was the Bongo.

The only deviation to these results was the Western Bush Duiker and the Civet. For those I used the PH's (Mike Fell) Sterling Davenport .22 hornet.

Point being, until then, I never realized the absolute versatility to the .375HH. Unless there is Buffalo or Elephant being hunted, a one rifle safari for me, from now on.

Steve