Originally Posted by Mike70560
Originally Posted by Chipolopolo

I wouldn't argue with a single thing there. The "Elephant and Buffalo" exclusion are solely based on my desire to shoot these species, close, with on of my DR's.

I assume you are referring to your Krieghoff........

Hi Mike, Over the last 6-7 years, I have accumulated a Armeria de Madrid (LARM) 500NE back action, sidelock, and a vintage 1892 Charles Osborn, boxlock, 450 .400 3-1/4. I really have taken a liking to the Charles Osborne. It's lighter than my other two and I probably shoot it better? My Krieghoff hasn't seen much duty since I've had the other two. I shot a Javelina with it out here in Arizona a few years ago smile

I heard you were part of the Cajun Navy? Good on you and God Bless America.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
You have a LARM 500 NE? I am in awe.

Hi Jorge, I do. Funny story. At the 2006 SCI show, I walked by their booth. I immediately lost my control of space and time and my ability to reason. They handed me one...It was left handed, Big 5 engraved. I am also a southpaw. The rifle fit me well. I t was a clients gun, so not for sale. They were expensive but not outrageously so. My wife and I walked around and she said I looked like a smitten school boy, as she would know, we went to grade school and high school together. We went to bed that night and she told me to go ahead and buy one...wow, what a wife eh?

Next day, I wandered back by the booth. Correo saw me coming and had that same rifle in his hands, waiting to go in for the kill. I had my mind up that I would not spend that amount of money on a rifle. BUT..I decided to let them fit me since I was there, they were there and it made sense. They fit me, I shook Correo's hand and successfully walked away.

The next hour my wife just wouldn't stop and literally insisted I go back and write them a check, which I did.

Fast forward one year. The rifle was shipped as they promised. While the rifle was in a customs warehouse in Houston (ironically) at least I think it was Houston, the rifle got involved in a flood. The presentation case was sitting on its edge and the barrels were on the bottom. They were wet for a long time and rusted. We turned the rifle around, shipped it back and they disassembled and repaired the barrels (perfectly) The action and fore end were never wet. Received the rifle back in about 4 months and never looked back.

If you've looked at these things you know the quality. Spanish steel has historically been outstanding. At the time, there were just three guys that did it all, they were all at the shows. The engraving is as good as any I've seen anywhere (Lion, Leopard, Buffalo). The wood to metal fit is so good, you simply cannot tell where one ends and the other begins. The stock is proportional quality as well. The only negative is, it only weighs 10# and is like getting hit in the side of the face with a steel bar. Hunting, it fine but shooting for fun, well, isn't fun.

They have since OVER doubled in price. A new bespoke fully engraved is now 68-70K. Can't really claim it as a good investment as I never plan on selling it.

Also, sent you a PM.

Regards,

Steve

Last edited by Chipolopolo; 09/02/17.