Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Their price is a big killer - you can get accurate, good looking 22s for a lot less than the $2,395 Ravage on their website.

All depends on how accurate they are and how successful they are in whatever competition they are used in. People who want to win and want to advance accuracy will spend big bucks to chase that goal. If they are no more accurate than a decent sporter like the CZ then no, they would not be worth the money. But if that was the case they wouldn't sell too many of them. What many think of as accurate for a .22 would be blown away to see what a real precision .22 is capable of doing. I was involved in that pursuit for 15 years and I'm still blown away as to how great a .22 is capable of shooting.

A lot of great shooting benchrest rimfires have been built on the 40x action or one of the clones (like those built by Stiller Precision). I like the controlled round feed action that they claim doesn't damage the bullet upon chambering. If true, that is a real plus for a repeater. In benchrest the ammo is carefully inserted into the chamber with our fingers to eliminate bullet damage. The Vudoo site doesn't state whose barrels they use, but it seems that they may use a cut-rifled barrel and that could mean a Rock Creek, Bartlein or Krieger barrel. The barrels used on the Vudoos are shorter than what we use in benchrest and the absence of a barrel tuner (like the Harrells tuner) for harmonic tuning limits their accuracy potential. Most benchrest shooters use button-rifled barrels (Shilen, Muller, Lilja, Benchmark) that are hand taper-lapped but my best shooting heavy benchrest rifle has a Rock Creek cut-rifled barrel. All heavy benchrest rifles use harmonic barrel tuners. If I was to ever purchase a V-22 I would put a tuner on it (not sure if they are allowed for the type of competitions these rifles are used for tho). For the money they charge, they better be able to perform at near benchrest rifle accuracy. If one can believe their hype, it might be. I would have to shoot one to really evaluate it. I'm not crazy about their choice of trigger. A Jewell trigger capable of adjustment to the ounces rather than pounds would be better.

Last edited by cooper57m; 01/19/18.