Originally Posted by Higbean
Apparently they've sent rifles to Eleys (maybe Lapua) test facility and they are saying accuracy is on par with Anschutz. They put up some test targets and were rather impressive. We all know group/br shooting 22lr is largely about ammo and rifle tune. The Vudoo is obviously not meant as a bench rifle.

I love the fact that the magazines are huge. I can't stand the miniscule mags on rimfires and if they feed/function as well as I'm hearing, they are leaving every other .22 in the dust. Add in the fact you can swap bottom metal around, throw it in a chassis or swap stocks with your centerfire, and things just got real fun.

Yeah, it's expensive. It's a custom action with a premium bbl and custom magazines with a real stock and bottom metal and the modularity to do anything you want down the road. Is there any other platform that comes remotely close?

No they are not meant as a benchrest rifle but they are priced like one. For that money, you can get a used but still excellent rimfire benchrest rifle that will give accuracy that will blow your socks off, assuming that you know how to shoot it to it's potential. Anschutz factory rifles are not benchrest quality rifles unless they have been re-worked by a benchrest gunsmith. They are good for position shooting, but a custom benchrest rifle is a whole other level of accuracy. BR shooting is more than about ammo and rifle tune, you certainly need all that in place to be competitive but what separates a contender from an also-ran is the shooter's ability. Unless a shooter wants a V-22 for a certain type of competition, if you want a real precision .22, for the same money, buy a used benchrest rifle and learn to shoot it to it's capability. If you learn proper bench technique and wind doping, it will amaze you.

When I stopped shooting rimfire BR a fellow (a relatively new shooter) contacted me and wanted me to sell him one of my rifles. Both of my heavy (10.5 lb) rifles shot extremely well and were good enough to compete at the highest level of the sport. I sold him the rifle he wanted and told him that it was perfectly in tune and not to do anything to it but find some good lots of Eley ammo and learn to shoot it. Well - - - - he didn't listen. He couldn't shoot it up to it's potential right away and then rather than go about learning to shoot it, he had to monkey with it. He eventually sold it to finance another build. He really didn't know what he had in his hands. I regret selling it to him. I wanted to give a new shooter the opportunity to really learn to shoot well and his ego failed to let him realize that the reason he didn't put up big scores was not due to the rifle. I tested rifles for a top rimfire gunsmith and many rifles went out of that shop to go into the hands of a less talented shooter who never shot up to the rifle's potential and of course it was the rifle's fault. There were some real good rifles that were capable of winning big matches that the shooter futzed with until they no longer would shoot, thinking they knew better than the gunsmith that built and tuned it. I was at one National match and a shooter who was a customer of my gunsmith was at his bench during a practice session and was complaining about the rifle not performing. I had tested that rifle before it was shipped and knew it was a good rifle. I over heard him and asked if I could shoot it. He agreed and after shooting several Xs with it, I said, "Seems good to me." and walked away.