I like the 6.5 caliber a lot, my one only run with it was in a 6.5/284 with the 120/125s for a couple years. I "did" have a rifle made up for the Creedmor but had only shot a box of factory ammo ( 123 SST stuff) before I had to sell it for a pressing expense. I felt like it was/is a "modern .257 Roberts" as far as uses go, based on my former use of it ( I even had "it" Ackleyed) so I actually have more time with faster .25s, i.e. 25-06, 257 Weatherby. I hunted/played with the RUMs a few years, and "almost" had a 6.5 STW made up once, same with the 6.5/06 (went back and forth on standard or Ackley) Never did either one. Due to Obammacares "hidden in the 2000 pages" tax on Ministers Benefits I had to sell everything not nailed down in the last year, now I'm back to rebuilding a "sensible" battery...for a Preacher anyhow, ha. A 338 Winmag, a 7mm Mauser and working on getting a .243 Win. I discovered that my "Loonyism" just won't let me sleep with one "do it all" rifle. Been there done that wasn't happy! lol
I always think of my old friend down in East Texas that does that with his Mod 700 .264 winmag. He shoots deer from spitting distance to several hundred yards down the pipeline right of Way with 140gr Partitions ( when he can get them from our mutual handloading friend down there, or factory loads. His boys have used it to shoot varmints and a few bucks out to 500yds with it! ha He will "wipe it with a rag/gun oil" and about every three years take it to a gunsmith for " a good cleaning", ha. If his throat is burned up, he wouldn't know it! smile Its only guys like us that fret with those things, and how many of "us" actually "get" to hunt/shoot enough to even "reach" a 1000 rounds on one rifle? I bet not many...I don't think I ever have and I'm a pretty looney 65 yr old ! ha

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 02/09/18.