Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by beretzs
For sure. I kinda learned about Bullets as a young kid from Hagel, and a couple others that liked the Partitions and BBCs. As far as I knew BBCs were dead by the time I was really buying a bunch of Bullets. To this day, I’d be fine if that’s all I ever used to be honest. I’m pretty open to trying some of the super sleek Bullets though. Bob used the 162 AMax a bunch in his Mashburn but since out to 600 they shot the same as his Partitions and BBCs, well, you know what he used. I kinda fell in on what those guys were using for killing BG so that is where I gravitated. Once he got me some BBCs and explained how he made them shoot I was gut hooked with their performance on animals. Not that others didn’t work great but I saw what all of the others were talking about.

It was fun to interact with him, at least for me. He was a helluva good rifleman and pretty simple with his reloading too. My bud that was a good family friend said he never saw a set of calipers on his bench grin

The cool part is there is room for all of us and our opinions. Still seems like good shooters probably make more difference than the cartridge or bullet and I don’t know if any technology will ever change that.

Bob was an honorable sportsman, gentleman, and rifleman, in my experience of him. A great man that I would love to have met, or shot along side. I was grateful he took the time to personally discuss my experiences, and what I'd gleaned from them. I knew a few men like him when I was younger. They were no-nonsense men when it was time to be serious, and a hell of a lot of fun otherwise.

I've never been immune enough to recoil to understand Bob's perspective through experience regarding pushing tough bullets hard for flat trajectories on game, but I know that it obviously works very effectively, given the numbers of hunters that still employ this method and their success rate. I never argued that with Bob (though I have with others here). Idid attempt to convince him that long, efficient bullets in the air also kill efficiently, given good shooting, which is also the case with fast, flat, and tough bullets.

For sure. I’m pretty sure we’d all get along around a real campfire.

Semper Fi