Originally Posted by beretzs
I was fairly impressed when I ran the numbers on the load myself. The 127 LRX with the .468 (Going off memory) started at 2950 has about 2000 FPS and 1200 Ftlbs at 500 yards. The 129 ABLR (.561) started at 2950 holds 2000 FPS and 1200 FtLb's out to 600 yards. I will say that is pretty danged good looking for about 42.5 grains of powder. I am not sure how well the LRX's expand at 2000, but I'd assume they must be decent with the tip in them. I know the ABLR's open up fine at 2000 FPS though. Pretty deadly little combo.

I am getting right about the same numbers you are out of my 6.5 Creedmoor using the 127 LRX. According to someone I talked with at Barnes, the LRX should be GTG down to at least 1800, making this a legit 600+ yard load. Since I have never shot an elk (or a deer) at anywhere near that distance, I am thinking this LRX might be the cat's azz in the Creedmoor, as it has been easy to good accuracy and the velocity speaks for itself. I trust the Barnes bullet to penetrate as well as or better than anything once it arrives on target.

The elk are not going to be happy with these developments, at all. >>grin

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?