338Rules.
I use an OAL of about 3.5” in my 270’s now that I have “discovered” M700 clone actions. That and new powders are all the “improvement” I need.

Also...I just don’t get the short action thing. And I detest wildcats. Been there, done that from 375-06 Ackley to 404 cases shortened and blown out to 378 Wby shortened to 2.5”.

BobinNH Well he and I became friends in around 1981 and talked almost daily from then on. We tried every conceivable variety of 270 modifications & many different big 7’s. Eventually he got Mashburn fever but I gravitated to a 270. We tried twists as fast as 1-8 in both and oversize groove dimensions and hand-made bonded core bullets and throat configurations and custom reamer specs. Miss him more than I can express. We were getting ready for an African trip when he got sick. Sad.

His son called me just as Bob passed. I was at SCI last year. It was a painful horrible day. Bob never let me know how bad it was.

Last edited by RinB; 02/14/18.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.