Guess my "problem" with 6.5's is a different one. Right now I have eight, after having played with a few others during the past several years: a 6.5x54 Mannlicher-Schoenauer; two 6.5x55's, one Norwegian Krag the other a custom FN Mauser with nice "California English" stock; a Tikka T3 Superlite .260 Remington; a Ruger American Predator 6.5 Creedmoor; a Sauer drilling with a 6.5x57R barrel under a pair of 16-gauges; a 26 Nosler Liberty; and the 6.5-.300 Weatherby Mark V Ultra Lightweight. Among the ones sold were a couple of .264 Winchesters, including a pre-'64 Model 70 "Westerner," and two other 6.5x55's.

The sights range from open (the Krag) to the aperture rear on the Mannlicher, to several "set-and-forget" scopes,"and two dialing scopes on the 6.5 Creedmoor and the other on the 26 Nosler. Also included is a 1-4x Leupold on the drilling, so if I flush a grouse or pheasant while big game hunting I can wingshoot with the scope on 1x. But if primarily bird hunting I take the claw-mounted scope off, and if I encounter a deer, elk or black bear use the open sights. The rear sight automatically flips up when the barrel selector is changed to "rifle."

So my problem is NOT deciding which 6.5 cartridge is absolutely perfect. My problem is I'm a rifle loony.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck