338Rules
You want to know results. Well a 270 130 TTSX started at 3000+ will consistently penetrate 30-34” of muscle bone and chest cavity tissue on all African plains game. Hit thru the heart lung area most everything will be found within 35 paces. Swift AFrames and Scirocco’s penetrate less but give the same results meaning everything down and out in 35 paces. The LRX works just like a TTSX. The 130 Speer Hot Cores are surprisingly good as well. This is based on the tougher plains game; zebra, wildebeest, oryx, waterbuck, and eland.

I don’t use muzzle brakes...bad manners towards your PH, his dog, and everyone else in the area.

Have used and seen used 280, 7 RM, 30/06, 308, big 30’s, 338, and 375’s. I haven’t observed enough difference to justify heavier rifles and more recoil. Energy tables are not predictors of results. Same with chronographs. Twice I have used 25” barrels and they were awkward. Haven’t seen any difference in field results between 22” and 25”. My latest is 21”...if it fails to work I will let you know.

All this plus the ancient 270 shoots flatter than a Creedmoor out to 440 which is my self imposed limit...maybe 500.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY, you can find ammo to make it go BANG.

Last edited by RinB; 02/14/18.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.