Originally Posted by RinB
Guys, my pal Mule Deer is correct, I am constantly working to build “the perfect” 270 Win. Man have I tried. As I write this have three in the works. All have 1-9 twists. Am gravitating to shorter barrel lengths. Went like this...25-24-23-22.75-22-21. Now prefer 20.5 to 21”.

I handload and am primarily a big game hunter. I shoot jackrabbits to improve my skill.

I don’t get much interested in different cartridges. I have proven to myself that with modern bullets I don’t need anything more until a big gun is needed. Used to prefer 416 but with expanding monos am starting to think 375 H&H. I would much rather have a fine push feed than a common crf.

I am very picky about actions and am working on three 270’s now. One each with Surgeon, BAT, & Lone Peak. Those rejected are Defiance, Stiller, Borden, NULA, Win M 70 crf, anything with a M16 or Sako type extractor. I would never rely on anything with those two extractors. I “tolerate” the Lone Peak for the Ti receiver but it will likely hit the road before long.

Scopes...well haven’t figured that out.

Want to end up with two that are slightly different. The rest go to my pals who are not so obsessive.

Oh, in addition to the three new 270’s, there are 5 or 6 more laying around and about to leave.

Have used big 7’s and big 30’s and 338 Win. Those went away.

Currently getting interested in a really fast 22 or 24. I want one that with each shot one can see small chunks of rifling spewing out the muzzle. Think 22 Creedmoor or 6-284 or 6-280 AI.

Rinb here is another option if you don't care for the Sako type extractors , horizontal ejection added to one of the best made Remington clones made by Borden actions.....
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Ackleyfan; 02/17/18.