Originally Posted by RinB
...I don’t know if I am obsessed or possessed...

I believe that covers most of the folks posting here, including yours truly. grin

I have a question and a couple of observations.

Rick, what is/are the reason/s behind your dislike of the M-16/Sako type extractors? Not trying to pick a fight or start an argument, I'd just like to get the benefit of your experience. You've obviously built more rifles than I have, which gives you more insight, and I love to learn.

I am very grateful for all of the information you gentlemen have shared here and on other threads. My first centerfire rifle was a Win Mod 70 in .270W I bought the day after I turned 18. I carried that rifle as my big game rifle in Alaska for 11 years until I got myself in a situation where I needed more gun, so I went to a .338WM for the following 23 years.

John, thank you for your input and your observations. Given the formula as outlined, I can now take my .30-06 as my "DGR", a .243AI as my medium rifle and a .223 Rem. for everything else. wink laugh

And, joining in the choir, I also miss Bob. I never spoke with him, but always enjoyed his posts.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell