I currently use them in several calibers: 243, 6.5, 7mm and 30. To date, the most blood-shot meat I have had around the wound has been about 2" on the exit side. In comparison, the few times I used mono-metal I had the same results - about 2" of lost meat around the exit. The largest loss of meat came from an elk that had two go through the same hole. First shot through both shoulders and down. Then he got back up and faced almost straight away. Second round in through the rear of the on-side ribs and through the entrance shoulder. Penetrating about 3' of elk, I found that bullet under the hide on the off-side shoulder (which was the entrance wound of shot #1). That is the only one I've ever caught. It still retained 40% mass. I'm perfectly satisfied with them and find them to be excellent at what they were designed to do - take game by expanding and penetrating.

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.