Originally Posted by Mule Deer
That said, there is apparently still some residual tribal memory of a FEW AccuBonds that weren't properly bonded. .

I've used them on 3 critters. The .308 / 165 was a head shot .. not much to learn from that. Lights out .. duh. The .257 / 110 out of the Roberts was a disaster x 2. 2 shots, 2 deer in 2 minutes. Both broadside, neither exited, both blew up on the way through the lungs and peppered the inside of the off-side shoulder with tiny fragments that poked through the rib cage wall and stopped under the off-side shoulder blade. Identical performance and the worst I've had from any bullet in a couple decades.

I don't think those bullets were old enough to have been from the time of those "residual memories" but I don't know that for sure. A friend of mine hand loads commercially and says his customers shooting the various .25 calibers had similar results at that same time. Others using other Accubonds at the same time had no issues. It was something specific to the .257 110 grain.

I don't know if it is solved or not. Don't care. I only used them because I couldn't get 120 grain partitions at the time and I've since stocked up on those. That's how I solved it for me. smile

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...