Originally Posted by Shag
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Art,

Do you tent to shoulder shoot? Break a critter down?

Thanks

Yes, with Barnes I shoot for shoulders. For non-monos I do not look for shoulders but will shoot for the offside shoulder if it presents itself.

I'm currently running a 150gr TTSX in an -06 at just over 3000 fps. Ain't noting in NA gonna stop it I swear to god. But I did hit a whitetail doe this fall in the ass and holy [bleep] it removed the phuzy, the chiit condom, and half of both hind quarters. It's still chucking going. Caused way more damage than I've ever seen a partition or accubond cause. But I'm mostly hunting Hells Canyon Country and that TTSX is gonna anchor anything period. Not even a discussion. It's the most wicked combo I've ever seen. I'd run a 165TTsx in a 300wsm or win mag. And a 180 TTSX in any bigger .30 cal like a RUM or a Bee. Again all my Accubond kills were Identical to Partition. kills. Nothing goes very far, the entrance, the exit, and everything in between VERY Partition like. Used to be which ever shot better was my choice. Not doubting your experience at all. Don't even get me started on Ballistic Tip Failures... smile

I have been running the 168gr TTSX in a 30-06 for about six years while doing all my hunting with either a 30-06 or a 375AI. It has been an amazing bullet.

Damn if I an't interested in a .375. In your experience has the AI actually been worth it? Or in all honesty would a .375 Ruger or HH be just fine... You live there. You've BTDT....

The AI is worth it only because of case life. The H&H is a beautiful cartridge, but my experience has been limited case life and constant trimming.

The little increase in velocity is mostly moot. I have had several H&H versions and aside from trimming they were great beyond the nostalgia. My AI has a 20" #5 Pac-Nor and the stock has a little cast on. It is a real kitten.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.