Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

The 100g TTSX I use in my .257 Roberts had an advertised B.C. of .357. Antelope don't know that and drop anyway.

What powder do you use with 100 gr TTSX ? Velocity?

It isn't just the powder. WW +P brass and loads. CCI 200 primer, 48.0g H4350, 100g TTSX, 3163 3233fps. Bear in mind my Roberts has a throat so long I often joke the bullets couldn't touch the lands with a stick. A shorter throat would probably increase pressure, requiring a lower powder charge. Brass life has been excellent and primers look normal, but I can't vouch for the safety of using this load in any other rifle.

[Edit to add]
My Ruger .257 Roberts is a long action. As a result I can (and do) build some of my loads with COL too long to fit in a short-action magazine.

Corrected 100g TTSX velocity above. The 3163 fps I originally stated is for my 110g AB load, which uses 46.5g H4350. Dropped a line as I read across my reload spreadsheet to the velocity column.
[End edit]

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 06/05/19.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.