So I have 2 Accubond stories.

Both from the same 22" barrel 308. 165gr NABs over 45.5gr of Varget.

First was a whitetail. Jumped from his bed about 20yds away. Entered just in front of the shoulder in the neck bone. Never exited. Got like 4" of penetration. Dead deer...bullet held together and mushroomed out but nothing crazy.

I think it was the same year but prior to the buck. Coyote runs out of a corn field. I'm sitting on the edge of a hay field. Wide open clear shot. 30-40yds quartering to me. He spotted me and locked up. I put the crosshair on his left shoulder and touched her off. He dropped and rolled around biting at whatever just stung him. Figuring he was dead I focused back on the corn my buddy was pushing out. Sure enough the coyote got up and trotted off. I watched him run the field for 250yds. Couldn't get another safe shot. Not much blood to follow.

Almost 2 weeks later...I was closing the back door on a push a few miles away. Already killed the above buck so no gun. Here comes a coyote. It got within 20yds. I couldn't believe my eyes but same coloring as the one I shot and it had a GIANT fist sized crater on its left shoulder.

Sold that 308. Ended up buying another this year. Didn't really have time to work up a load of anything and had like 40 of those loads left. Made sure it was safe in the rifle and they shot straight.

I was very hesitant to hunt with them. But wanted to carry the gun. Lol

Last day of the season in the pouring rain a buck catches me off guard. He's quartering to me pretty hard. Put the crosshairs on his right shoulder and touched it off. I don't think he ever kicked. Absolutely lights out. Shoulder was completely wrecked. Bullet exited the last few ribs on the left side. Completely different performance.

I've shot a coyote with a 140gr from a 280 that was nearly facing me. It went in the front of the chest and came out at the front of the right hip. The entire body cavity was bloodshot purple and the fur needed a lot of needle work lol. Actually mostly all entrance.

Killed several deer with 225s from the whelen. Always like a lightning bolt.

No idea why I had 2 freak cases with the 165s from the 308. A coyote shoulder is not that hard of a bone. And the angle of that shot, there's no way it could have just raked that shoulder.