Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
H-100V is the velocity champ in the .257R. Not quite as temp stable as H-4350, but works for me.

This load for a LA 700, COAL is over the 2.8" max for SA box mag. Even at 2.9+" COAL, it's jumping .03". The Brux barrel is throated a bit long.

It's a WT and hog killer.

DF

[Images omitted]

Went back and edited my post for two things. The first was to specify my Ruger is a long action and several of my loads exceed SAAMI COL and are too long to fit in a standard short-action magazine.

The other was to correct the velocity for the 100g TTSX. Apparently I can't read across my reloading spreadsheet without dropping down a line. 3163fps is for my 110g AB load, which uses 46.5g H4350. The 100g TTSX uses 48.0g H4350 (at least I got that right) and velocity is 3233fps.

Don't recall what the jump is - and am out of town so can't look in my records - but it is long for all my loads.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.