Well crap..I sold the fairly pretty Wally World VG 243 wood stocked gun last year right before Christmas for what I had in it...thinking I'd never need/want a 243 again, after in 1968 I traded off a SAKO 579 243 'cause the bullets of the day was costing me lost WT's and 270's were a death ray, had never missed owning a 243 again. ..and then last winter the buddy who had bought a Wally World VG muy beaucoup pretty 308 'cause he couldn't find a 243, decided not to sell/trade the 308 to me to go with my cheapy VG blue/composite 308 I'd kept from the closeout sale as a beater... his wife thought the 308 was too pretty to sell and it has never been shot to date.

Seems like 243 bullets have "improved" a tad since the late '60's apparently. Based on what I'm getting here, I think 1st I'll try and find a Tikka T3 Factory wood stock to heavy the Swede SL up a little or send it down the road for a 6.5CM of what ever it will bring...and/or then mebbe sell/trade the USRAC Fwt M70 7x57 with an original folding sight and front hood for something of equal value in a 7-08 ...but could also like the idea of changing out the 7x57's +90% USRAC stock to something a little heavier too...just need to SHOOT something to get started. Thanks all for the thoughts and input.

The old RO at the Winchester Shooting Center in Dallas in the late '60's always greeted you with a "nothing smells better the 4895 smoke in the morning"...and I am missing it bigtime.
Ron .

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.